Top 5 Surprising Things You Don't Know About Money
December 22, 2020 | June Mckaig
In today's world, money means... well, everything really. As sad as it may be, it's the truth. However, there are countless things that you don't know about it. Yep, we promise. That's why we thought it would be pretty interesting to go through the top 5 most surprising things that you don't know about the world's favorite thing.
Top 1% Have Half Of The World's Wealth
Okay, this might be something that you have heard of before. However, you may not have believed it. So, we're here to tell you that it really is true.
Oxfam conducted a report that concluded the top 1% of rich people monopolize 50% of the world's wealth. This number is only set to increase which means the poorer you are, the poorer you're going to get. It's truly upsetting.
But let's move on because thinking about this fact for too long is just too mind-blowing for our liking!
The Secret Service's Involvement With Money
Nowadays, the Secret Service is known for keeping the president safe and sound. However, this wasn't always the case. In fact, the organization was actually made to tackle the counterfeit money issue in 1865.
During this period, fake money was a very real issue. In the present day, roughly $250,000 worth of fake bills is found every single day. That's mind-blowing if you ask us!
Paper Money Isn't Actually Paper
Yup, that's right. Paper money should really be called cloth money. It is made from 25% linen and 75% cotton. Of course, it is colored to give the bills their well-known green appearance.
If you fancied it, you could fill your pillowcase with a lot of $1 bills and sleep very well. Fun fact, you would need roughly $1,589 in $1 bills to do this efficiently. Not that you'd want to go to the bank and ask for this!
The Reason Behind The Pyramid On The $1 Bill
It seems strange to have an Egyptian pyramid on the back of the $1 bill, right? Well, it's a part of the official US seal. The eagle, for obvious reasons, on the front and then the pyramid on the backside.
Supposedly, it symbolizes strength and the initial states of America.
Apes And Risk Don't Mix
It's true. Apes hate risk — and so do many humans, especially when it comes to money. Loads of us have missed out on amazing, profitable opportunities because we were scared.
This may well lead to you being in somewhat of a bad financial situation now. Circumstances like this can be pretty scary on their own. Especially if you get sprung with an unforeseen medical bill, home renovation, or auto repair. But don't worry, we have a way to get you cash when you need it most – even if you let your ape brain take over in the past.
How can we help, we hear you ask? With title loans! Illinois Title Loans can give you up to $4,000 for those emergency bills that just can't wait. The best part is all you need to bring in with you is a driver's license, a vehicle, and a lien-free vehicle title.
The Advantages Of Title For Cash
There are a lot of advantages to getting a title loan you have to know about. Some of those are:
- You can apply online or in-store.
- It takes a mere 30 minutes to complete the loan process.
- You keep your vehicle while you're repaying the loan.
- You only need a couple of documents.
- All credit situations are accepted — good, bad, or non-existent.
Interested? Here's How You Can Apply
Our process is completely easy and convenient. Follow this step-by-step guide below:
- Head to our Illinois Title Loans website to find our online form.
- Fill out the form with your information. It shouldn't take you too long to complete. We just ask for some basic information about you and your vehicle.
- Sit back, relax, and wait for one of our loan reps to contact you. They'll give you a call to tell you about the rest of the process and clarify the documents you need to have.
- Head to your local Illinois Title Loan location – we promise there is one near you – with your lien-free vehicle title, driver's license, and your vehicle.
- Hand your documents to the representative at the location.
- Wait while they inspect your vehicle and have a look over your paperwork.
- Once you’ve been approved you will receive the amount you were approved for.
Don't Hesitate To Drop Us A Message
See? It's that easy. You won't ever be judged for your credit situation, regardless of how it might look. What are you waiting for? We can't wait to help ease your financial woes.
When it comes to money, here are all the surprising facts you’ll be interested to know.